Small Business Accessibility Grant
Who Does the Grant Help? The AFWF SBA Grant supports minority-, women-, and
veteran-owned small business owners, and their employees, with funds to offset or
cover fees associated with accessibility, connectivity, and mobility, in advancing the
business owner’s professional capacity, business awareness, regulatory compliance, or
How May I Use the Funds? Funds may be used to offset or cover costs associated with
eligible business expenses including, but not limited to:
- Chambers of commerce membership or event fees
- Certification for business training courses and related expenses
- Continuing education credits related to the business
- Professional development seminars relevant to the business
- Financial literacy training
- Mentoring fees related to business ownership or operation
- Business licensing fees applicable to the owner’s business
- Permitting fees applicable to the owner’s business
How Much Can I ask For? Up to $500 total per submission per applicant. Individual
businesses, and their assigns, are limited to $2,000 per year from the date of
application. Additional award eligibility is not guaranteed.
How Much Funding is Available? TBD
When Can I Apply? Rolling application opens September 1, 2022
How Do I Qualify?
- The applicant must be the owner of a small business registered in Texas
- The primary business location must be within Tarrant County, TX as of the application date
- The business must be less than 5 years old, as of the application date
- Previous calendar years’ gross revenues must be less than $250,000
- The business must have fewer than 25 full time employee equivalents (FTEs)
- Business must be minority, woman, or veteran owned
- Recipient must be the business owner, an officer, partner, or an employee at time of funding
- Preference is given to business owners or employees who reside within, or to
- businesses located within, designated Opportunity Zones within Tarrant County
How Do I Apply?
To apply for funding, applicants must complete the entry form for the grant
program using Accelerate’s online form link.
- Accelerate Fort Worth Foundation | Small Business Accessibility Grant | July 2022 | DRAFT Revision 1.2.1
- Applicants will appear before the grant committee in-person, by video conference, or by video recording to submit a 5–10-minute statement of need.
- Applicants may opt to submit a 500 – 1,000 word written statement in lieu of appearing in person.
- Applications will be reviewed and considered on a first come, first served basis, based on need, eligibility, and available grant resources.
- Grant awards will be disbursed by check within 10 business days of grant approval.
- Awardees must accept the terms of the grant award prior to receiving funding, including use of the business’s name and logo for Accelerate’s marketing purposes, in addition to other requirements.
- Requests submitted for reimbursement of eligible expenses are given priority, and the expense date must be within 90 days of the date of agreement.
- If submitting for payment of future expenses, the applicant must demonstrate a financial constraint and submit additional documentation. Funding for future expenses will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Awardees agree to submit a written or video statement demonstrating the impact of funds within 90 days of funding. Failure to do so will result in ineligibility for all future Foundation awards programs.
For more information, contact:
Accelerate Fort Worth Foundation
C/O Jared Sloane, CEO
1150 S. Freeway, Bldg. 600
Fort Worth, TX 76104